In order for our team to create a design brief we need to have considered the below simple questions and have answers ready for our meeting
- Are you looking to build a new home, renovate the existing one or add an extra level or rooms to your home?
- What is your budget for construction? (We suggest that you allow an extra 20% for unexpected costs)
- What is it you are trying to achieve in this renovation?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you have now? And how many would you like to add?
- Do you require more living spaces? Living or dining rooms? TV room or rumpus area?
- Does your block have views that you want to capture in the design?Is an energy efficient design important? Have you considered solar, thermal glass, insulated walls etc?
- How many parking spaces do you need?
- What type of materials would you like to use for your floors? (timber, polished concrete, tiles, false flooring, or another type)
- What type of construction would you like used for your walls?Is substantial retaining or earthworks required require for your project? If you are adding an extra level you with need a structural engineering to ensure the existing house can carry to extra load. Would you like us to recommend one?
- What ceiling heights do you want? (minimum 2.4m). Would you like build a feature roof or ceiling to create a design feature in your living room or other area? This is important when building up our architectural plans, elevations and sections.
- Do you have a particular style in mind?
Once we have your design brief our building designers and draftsman will start a basic design based on the information you have provided.
Some of the design principals our designers will take into consideration are energy efficiency, construction costs, layout, functionality, appearance & aesthetics.
From there we will work with you to come up with improvements or additional design features that we recommend to assist your vision.